Since May 3rd 2010, Maersk Line Indonesia has been entrusted to run the liner business of Batam Island which was previously under the jurisdiction of Maersk Line Singapore.
Batam Island is located 20km to the south-east of Singapore.
45 minutes trip by ferry from Singapore.
Batam Island has a land area of 415 sq km.
It has many industrial parks housing MNCs and their vendors.
Many local Indonesian manufacturers and small to medium size Taiwanese and Japanese businesses set up factories in Batam. This is to take advantage of its competitive operational costs and tax free status.
On average, Batam Island generates 3800 teus of export and 4000 teus of import volume monthly.
1. Maersk Line has signed a contract with a local barge operator, Batamindo for trucking, storage and barge operations.
2. Purely store-door operations for all containerized shipments. Hence, all documents (i.e. duly endorsed OBL, commercial invoice and packing lists) must be in consignee's hand prior to arrival of shipment at last transhipment port SGSIN. Commercial invoice and packing lists are mandatory for declaration to customs (at Singapore and Batam Indonesia). All shipments must be manifested with ultimate consignee details (contact name, telephone number and email address) at Batam, Indonesia.
3. All charges (including destination surcharges and container cleaning charge) must be prepaid.
4. Special / OOG cargo - can be accepted subject to approval from Maersk Line. Indonesia. Please contact our sales / customer service representative for enquiries.
5. Dutiable cargo - cigarettes/wines/liquor are restricted for both import/export to/from Batam Island.
6. Cleaning and repair charges if incurred on empty container will be for shipper's account.
7. Weight restrictions: Up to 24 tons delivery will be affected using normal 2 axle chassis. 24 to 30 tons delivery will be affected using tri-axle chassis, additional charge = USD120 per container (prepaid by shipper). Above 32 tons delivery will be effected using low bed - please contact our sales / customer service representative for additional charges.