Types of payments:
Ocean freight charges will be prepaid and all other charges will be as per past payment history unless specifically noted on your shipping instructions.
ALL FREIGHT PREPAID
All charges will show on the invoice as prepaid including all destination charges.
Ocean freight charges will be collect and all other charges will be as per past payment history unless specifically noted on your shipping instructions.
ALL FREIGHT COLLECT
All charges will show on the invoice as collect including all origin charges.
- Unless otherwise specified, all prepaid charges will be invoiced to the shipper and collect charges invoiced to the consignee.
- Any shipment moving to a destination that is “collect restricted” should be identified as “All Freight Prepaid”.
- Any shipment moving to a destination that requires “collect approval” will be classified as pre-paid until the consignee has guaranteed collect payment charges. A destination Maersk Line office will contact the consignee for a guarantee or pre-payment.
- If destination approval is denied, a revised Shipping Instruction stating All Freight Prepaid will be required to proceed.
- Should your payment terms change after receipt of your invoice, we will require written acceptance from the new payer party to process this change. This written acceptance should be provided in official letter head or company email address.
At the time of booking, please ensure you select the correct shipper and price owner. Payment terms should be submitted when you complete your shipping instructions on our website or submit them via EDI.
Ocean Freight Invoice - Automatically sent via email , fax, or EDI (depending on customer setup). Export Invoices are sent out 24 hours after the sail date of the shipment. Import Invoices are sent out 5 days before the Vessels ETA.
Demurrage Invoice - Demurrage charges are applied for storage of containers while in the steamship lines terminal, rail terminal, inland depot, or container yard. Demurrage is applied after the free time has expired, and ends on import moves, the day when the container has been picked up and out gated; for export, demurrage is applied after freetime has expired, and ends when a container loads the vessel from the terminal. Demurrage invoices are generated when the end activity occurs (gate-out or load).
Detention Invoice – Detention is a fee applied when cargo is outside of the port, terminal, or depot beyond the free time that is allotted. Detention is charged when containers have been picked up, but the container (regardless if it’s full or empty) has not been returned within the allotted time. Detention invoices are generated weekly.
Per diem - accrues when free-time is exceeded under merchant haulage conditions (shipper arranges for equipment pick-up and return to terminal). Per Diem is payable to Maersk Agency by the trucker.
Miscellaneous Invoice - Miscellaneous invoice are created on an adhoc basis.
Account Statements - Customer statements are sent per the scheduled agreed upon.