The world’s leading container shipping company and a customer-focused leader in reliable, eco-efficient transport
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. We serve our customers through 317 offices in 112 countries. We employ 7,700 seafarers and 21,800 land-based employees and operate 611 container vessels.
We market our services through the Maersk Line, Safmarine, SeaLand (Intra-Americas), MCC Transport (Intra-Asia) and Seago Line (Intra-Europe) brands.
Maersk Line is part of the Maersk Group, headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. The Group employs more than 88,000 people in some 130 countries. 2015 revenue: USD 40.3 billion.
Søren Skou, Chief Executive Officer
Ulf Hahnemann, Chief Human Resources Officer
Vincent Clerc, Chief Commercial Officer
Pierre Danet, Chief Financial Officer
Jakob Stausholm, Chief Finance, Strategy and Transformation Officer
Søren Toft, Chief Operating Officer
- Ocean transport costs from Asia to Europe (2015 in USD): A flat-screen TV $2, a pair of sport shoes 11 cents, a T-shirt 4 cents, and a tablet 5 cents.
- The Triple-E vessels can hold up to 18,340 twenty-foot containers
- Maersk Line has an ambitious CO2 target: To reduce 60% in emissions per container by 2020 (2007 baseline)
- Founded in 1928
- Corporate office in Copenhagen, Denmark
- 611 vessels with a capacity of 3.1million TEU (Twenty-Foot Equivalent Unit)
- 59,000 customers worldwide
- Approximately 12 million full containers shipped (2015)
- Cover ports in almost every country in the world
- 46,000 port calls in 343 ports in 121 countries
- Offer multiple weekly sailings on all our major trades
- Strategy: Self-funded, EBIT 5%-points > peers and grow at least with the market
Key Financial Figures
|Volume (FFE ‘000)
|Unit Cost (USD/FFE)
FFE: Forty-Foot Equivalent Unit
For more information on Maersk Line and its services, please visit maerskline.com
For more information on the Maersk Group and financial reports, please visit maersk.com
to download Maersk Line Fact in pdf format.